FR EN ES
FR EN ES
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

New Player's Experience and problems

By s3rse July 17, 2018, 04:50:52

Dear Ankama Corp 

Hello , i am a ccg and an mmo player many years now .
My gaming history starts with vanilla wow , Hearthstone , MTG (RL), Eternal and many many other games . 
First of all i would like to let you know that krosmaga is one of the most interesting games i met so far . 

Second and that is the main reason i am doing this post is to let you know some of the issues i encountered in krosmaga and probably leave a feedback . 

It is extremely hard for new players that have minimum collection to enjoy the game (besides draft) and stick to it and become regular players . the issue is that even with some experience in CCGs , Top 500 Legend HS (almost for a couple of years now ) monthly , and a couple tournament wins in MTG i find it really hard to enjoy the game cause of the lack of ability to even farm currency in the game . The issue is that even if you play unranked you meet players with multiple larger collection and ton more experienced  with minimal chance of victory , unfortunately this happens in 4 out of 5 games . 
You should probably understand by now that this issue is not only for me , it is probably for all the new players that trying to start the game and unfortunately even if the game has all the qualities to compete with the CCGs out there , the unfriendly new player enviroment makes it so that you dont even wanna invest in this game . 

Of course i understand that this is a french game etc etc but it has all the requirements to become global . 

The last issue i wanna address is that you have so much lore , history , characters that it would be just awesome if you created a MMO like wow/Rift style and i hope i will see something like this in the future .  

P.S 1 : Amazing Series : Wakfu and Dofus 
P.S 2 : i studied computer science and graphics animation so if any help is needed for anything i would love to help.

Best regards

Iosif Delikostidis

+ if possible some1 give a site for deck constructing . ( in english if possible ) cause i still havent found anything good . 

3 0
Reactions 14
Score : 473

The only way to find players of similar strength is Ranked mode. In Unranked mode new players can easily face top players.

0 0
Score : 207

Even in ranked the same problem occurs .
The problem is the player database being so small . if you check the steam charts https://steamcharts.com/app/609940
 ~62 players average is way too small even for a "only france game" 
Maybe tweek the matchmaking based on "hours played" as well it would not  be a temporally solution  .

Anyways the main issues is that even that you have new active players is that their farm is not based on activity at all , and this need to be fixed . 

Thank you all for your time . 

2 0
Score : 774

Maybe I don't understand it right, but dofus and wakfu aren't only animated series, they are both MMOs too with a lot of the lore of the Krozmoz.

0 0

I mean an mmorpg in style of world of warcraft smile dungeons,  raids etc etc . Just try imagine a game of wakfu / dofus with a gameplay like wow . Choosing your God , talents , raids . It would be amazing 

1 -1
Score : 223

Hi there!

Yes, it's hard, but some sit through and stay smile Draft helped a lot.

Don't really do unranked, in terms of meeting higher-tier decks it's worse than ranked, because people test decks there.

Ranked should be hectic about the first week of a month, then better. 

Also, Devs say that a small minority plays via Steam. Krosmaga is also on mobile and as a standalone client.

2 0

Thanks mate . By the way how should I spend gold more efficient ? In which kind of packs ???

0 0
Score : 65

I must say I have advanced in the game and have made decent decks for Sadida and Eniripsa, but damn, it's still hard, most players (even in ranked) have much more experience and much better cards than me so most games are basically trying to survive while I wait for them to run out of all those rare, krosmic and infinite cards. Also, last time I played I fought 3 xelors, 2 cras, and 1 Eca. I am at rank 13 and I always have to fight the same gods! it's boring to always fight Xelors and cras and Iops and sacriers... specially because Cra is fucking unstoppable, not only can they attack first and from a distance but they can damage my dofus and finish them of with curses.     I really like Krosmaga and I think it has a lot of factors that make it fun and unique, I love the dofus' mechanic, the designs, the gods... but the best matches I had were the first ones, they felt fair and winning felt really good.

0 0

By the way any info for season 4 ( wakfu ) or an expansion of KROSMAGA coming soon ??

0 0

s3rse|2018-07-22 21:58:23
Thanks mate . By the way how should I spend gold more efficient ? In which kind of packs ???

I'm not so sure now, with recent changes, but I still believe a new player shouldn't spend gold on silver/gold packs. Well, unless you buy kamas smile
0 0
Score : 96

s3rse|2018-07-22 21:58:23
Thanks mate . By the way how should I spend gold more efficient ? In which kind of packs ??

The general consensus is you should buy a few gold packs until you're happy with your collection of Infinite cards — and then simply purchase bronze packs to fill your collection out after that.

The idea here is that, for the price, you will soon be collecting a lot of dust for crafting the cards you actually want.

0 0

Spitsnaz|2018-07-28 18:53:53
buy a few gold packs until you're happy with your collection of Infinite cards — and then simply purchase bronze packs to fill your collection out after that.

Unless one is extremely lucky, that's quite a few gold packs, like at least 50, more like 100. I'm not sure how soon a new player gets enough good for that and how healthy it is for his progression...

s3rse|2018-07-29 13:15:16
So . . . . Long story short , you need 25 to 30 thousands kamas just to begin your collection without including necros and Oropo expansion.  Hmmm maybe draft is more profitable for more experienced ccg players???

Frankly speaking, I never did any math on this. I just went the draft way, especially since I actually like draft more.

I also was never "happy" with my infinite collection; probably now I have enough dust/dupes to get whatever I need. In maybe half a year I got enough infinites to be content with which 5 I have in my deck. But I still was far from what many if not most competitive decks played, like Maskemane*** or Percedal***.

Now you at least don't have to worry about 'krosfinites' which I lacked the most.

0 0

So . . . . Long story short , you need 25 to 30 thousands kamas just to begin your collection without including necros and Oropo expansion.  Hmmm maybe draft is more profitable for more experienced ccg players???

0 0
Score : 1

slage was name of mmorpg but dont see the light

0 0
Respond to this thread