FR EN ES
FR EN ES
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Feca's new illustration doesn't fit the game.

By SirFerrett December 12, 2017, 14:53:57

Looking at the gods in the selection menu... something didn't fit.
Feca's new illustration.

1. All of the background illustrations of the gods are the same as the clickable icon they have, except the feca.

2. The artist who drew the new feca has this kind of style of using a lot of thick lightning and shadows. The colors and lines are less smooth than the other gods illustration. Making her face bit more plastic like.

Not saying this is wrong, but it doesn't fit the rest of the illustrations

3. A lot of his/her illustration have this dark/angry/aggressive face theme.

Example (not sure if this is all by the same artist):

But it doesn't fit the personality of the feca goddess compared to this one of the feca.

She seems really calm, a bit like cra goddess.
I don't know why this illustration wasn't used.

The angry screaming faces remind me of the App Store clichés 

Ofcourse some of my criticism is based on my personal taste and opinion.

This is more about consistence issues and design choices that I don't like.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is what I mean
​​​​​​​

14 0
Reactions 23
Score : 120

I am completely with you! I really like the old style of art, but not a big fan of the new one. Even the new one is not  bad, i still hope they use the old style of art.

8 0
Score : 1396

Krosmaga (and Dofus Cube) have a more smoother, cleaner and more minimal design.

Illustration should show the same and they do. Current feca is the only one that doesn't fit that style.

5 0
Score : 328

I completely agree.  I was quite disappointed with this new illustration, and greatly prefer the original one we were shown, which is used as the icon picture.  I think the icon image of the goddess Feca matches much better with her animations as well.  She gloats a bit (cutely) when she wins, and is disappointed giving an "Oh, really...?" kind of expression when she loses the match.  No yelling and screaming like Iop.  

This isn't game breaking or anything, but it is pretty jarring to have to see during every match.  Maybe the icon image can be used in both locations like all of the other gods and goddesses?  This would be a great and much appreciated improvement! 

3 0
Score : 159

I'm with you, the new art of feca its awful and is too aggressive for a god of protection and shields.

Don't fit in the game this art

Help xa-xa-xa! 
8 0
Score : 219

I agree and understand. The Gots all have kind of a airy-otherworldly look while Feca has kind of a comic book edge. Xa did all the gods and i assume for promotional images he did Feca looking forward at us. First thing i did when the expansion dropped was load it up and check out feca's VS art since i knew there was no way to use the original we've seen. 
 I really do hope they redo it, the one thing that makes Wakfu/Kros stand out IS the art, so having such a central piece not be on the top standard seems a disservice. 

5 0
Score : 3154

Can confirm that Xa-xa-xa definately did the promotional Feca. 
https://xa-xa-xa.deviantart.com/art/Feca-Goddess-675001918 

And yes, while I must say I think the current art is both cool and good in and of itself, it really stands out, in a sorta offputting way.
Im all for letting artist other than Xa-xa-xa shine but the core style really should be kept at least somewhat consistent.

2 0
Score : 1720

I agree. I think it's terribly uncomfortable the way that her new artwork distune from the other gods, I mean, it looks like she doesn't even belongs to this game.
In short, weird, unfitting, uncanny and obnoxious.
Hope they change it, even though I know that they are not going to. Feca will remain ugly forever.

2 0

Nooooooo!  Talk about a bait and switch!  sad

0 0
Score : 1

Hi ! 

I sent you an answer on the french post, is that what you want to talk about for the illustration of the Feca Goddess?

0 0
Score : 4458
2 -1
Score : 45

seriously, why did they feel the need to let this guy draw the portrait for feca when xa already did that before, 100 times better than this.
Like you already said, everything this guy draws has to be edgy and angery, he's mobile market tier and I hate how he's ruining the charm of Ankama.

2 0

I think I know why Ankama made a new illustration for Feca in the Krosmaga menu.

The illustration of Xa is the only one where a god's face isn't facing one direction.

Feca is looking right at you, all other god are facing left (or right when image is mirrored tongue)

Ankama needed an new illustrations so it would fit with the others gods, but using the one they have in the game right now made it even worse in my opinion.
1 -1
Score : 4458

I'd go with art consistency over god orientation

4 0

Do the French players like this new art?

1 0

Nope, bit of the same reaction.

0 0

Maybe the illustration is temporary?
@Dewit 

1 0
Respond to this thread