By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES
FR EN ES
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Anyone have tips for draft? Dos and Donts?

By Valves April 08, 2017, 01:47:01

preferbly best classes to draft for beginners and some good card pics for those classes

0 0
Reactions 11
Score : 557

Always get a good balance of card costs, so you have something to play in every stage of the game, always get hard removals if you can, try not to rely/count on card combo's or tribal relations (like brotherhood of the tofu, etc), try to get a decent ammount of draw cards. The draft is not that much different from a regular game, just that you can't combo your deck as good as you could in constructed.

There is no best god in draft if you ask me, I got Iop one time, and got to stage 4 draft with no losses simply cause of my neutral minions, not my Iop class cards (though Hour of Glory saved me once biggrin )
But of course, some gods have more removals that others (I'm looking at you, Cra), but you should try to forget about class cominations or don't rely on them as much, for example, you'll hardly build a Sram mill deck, but that doesn't mean you cant put a good use to Sram's teleporting minions smile

0 0
Score : 622

Cra is best due to removal. Take removal first then ranged units. Then go for value and curve. Try to have drops starting at 2 on but I find focusing more late game is best. No matter the class focus removal

0 0

The thing about soft removals is that too many of them will probably not win you the game. If it takes you, for an example, 2 Piercing Arrows to kill a 4 hp minion, you have just used 2 cards of total 6 Ap cost to get rid of one opponent's card. Cra removals especially drop in value against Sacrier or Crackler minions, which is why, in my opinion, a good balance of spells/minions is needed. But that is just my opinon, and as such I might be wrong smile

0 0

I'm not saying no minions. In your example the best scenario would be to kill it with piercing and a ranged unit. Which is still 1 for 1.

1 0

Sorry if it looked like it, but my comment was not intended to oppose yours, it was just another observation and was just an addition to everything else smile

0 0

No problem. There is no perfect tactic.

0 0
Score : 1201

If you want to be great at drafting just remember this acronynm

Game-winners
Removal
Efficient
Advantage
Trash

Game-winners are cards that can single handedly win you the game by their sheer power. They are basically cards that are both extremely hard to anser (or can't be answered) that are backbreaking in their ability to dominate a lane or give you an incredible amount of card advantage or tempo. Probably the best exmaple of this is Zalidor for Eni, The ability to sap an opponent's 8 mana crackler to your hand can be back breaking in terms of both tempo and card advantage. Not only did you remove your opponent's 8 mana creature, you also put a 3/8 on the board and you not only removed one of your opponent's power creatures but added it to your own hand resulting in a +2 for yourself in card advantage. Recovering from a ~13 mana swing and a +2 is pretty brutal.

Removal are cards that help you deal with your opponents cards. I mean most people know what these are. You see a Destructive Arrow, you take the Destructive Arrow, but keep in mind the power level of the removal and whether it's hard or soft removal as well. I mean sure, Black Tiwabbit is technically removal, but your mana curve is more important and if you are lacking on end game threats passing on a weak 1 mana removal might be the right call. Likewise obviously "Destroys a minion" is a bit stronger of an effect than "Deals 2 damage to a minion" and if your deck is lacking in power it might be smart to pass on soft removal. One more thing is that in this game temporary removal is also extremely powerful like returning a card to your opponent's hand. It doesn't permamantly deal with it, but it can but a lot of time to protect a dofus or let you take a dofus by sapping something your opponent dropped in front of his dofus.

Efficient Cards are ones that have good stat lines. It may be no surprise that Sergeant Izhungry, a 4 mana 4/6, is a better card than Spear Shark, a 5 mana 1/6 that gains extra atatck. Because creature combat is so prevalent in Krosmaga it's extremely important for your creatures to not have weak stats. Basically where does the creature or card fall on the curve of X mana for X/X+1 stats. Wabbit is a great example, 3 mana for a 3/4, and because of this it trades with or beats nearly every other 3 mana or less creature. If you dropped a chafer lancer a 3 mana 2/3 and your opponent counters with a wabbit...you are in for a rough time since now you have to use a second card to deal with that wabbit since his wabbit killed your chafer and still survived.

Advantage pretty much means if there is no game-winners, removal, or efficient creatures then at least look for cards that either replace themselves or draw you additional cards (ideally without drawing your opponent cards as well). Creatures that draw a card are fairly powerful like Midgin Chopper. If Midgin Chopper can kill something by itself then your opponent lost a card while Midgin Chopper drew a card for you when he died replacing himself meaning that you now have +1 more cards over your opponent. Something like Second Wind for Sram is also powerful as it'll increase the number of cards in your hand by one which means you have you have one more card for your opponent to deal with.

Trash is that bottom of the barrel that you hope you never have to pick from but sometimes it happens. Cards that meet none of the criteria above. If you must pick a terrible card though generally I would prioritize and terrible creature over a terrible spell. Creatures at least have stats, can pick up prisms, and can threaten a dofus if your opponent is also drawing blanks. A terrible spell can be completely stuck in your hand with no way of using it.

It's not a concrete law, but if you keep in mind G.R.E.A.T when prioritizing which cards to pick you'll have a better chance of having a great draft.

7 0

You, dear sir, have just won. Kudos to you biggrin

1 0
Score : 1201

Zuranthus| Yesterday - 14:05:13
You, dear sir, have just won. Kudos to you biggrin

It's just MtG's B.R.E.A.D lol
1 0

Havent played draft in MtG D:

0 0