By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES
FR EN ES
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Turn time and delays...

By NumberVan December 26, 2016, 22:26:14
AnkaTracker

I just finished playing the weirdest and the LONGEST match: my opponent wasn't doing anything the entire game!
If you think that was annoying, there's more: there was a strange DELAY between the turns that was ridiculously long.
I even measured how long it took me to wait from the end of my turn to the beginning of the next: 3 minutes and 15 seconds!!!
Again, it was 3min15s BETWEEN MY TURNS - much longer than the turn time the opponent could possibly have.
First of all, how is this possible? Why the delay?
I don't know if my opponent was experiencing some connection issues or it was a kind of trolling, so I'm not going to judge, but either way the issue must be addressed. I'm proposing a solution by introducing a harder turn time limit.
It may as well be a bug in the implementation of the game network protocol/syncing. So please, please look into this.
Thank you.

0 0
First Ankama intervention

I think the turn delay was mostly due to your opponent's computer and/or tablet. The delay is due to the fact that his turn canot start before all the animations from your characters; if you have many, and if his computer is not up to par it can take a few seconds. 

Of course, 3 minutes is not normal, nor is the long time where your opponent can't play, the timer is supposed to become short when there's no activity on one side. We will investigate this. Thank you for your feedback. 

See message in context
Reactions 5
Score : 254

This happens to me sometimes too

0 0

I think the turn delay was mostly due to your opponent's computer and/or tablet. The delay is due to the fact that his turn canot start before all the animations from your characters; if you have many, and if his computer is not up to par it can take a few seconds. 

Of course, 3 minutes is not normal, nor is the long time where your opponent can't play, the timer is supposed to become short when there's no activity on one side. We will investigate this. Thank you for your feedback. 

Score : 1

Same problem here, I'm in a game like this, that's something like 3 minutes bewteen turns, (not turn time). I'm in a win streak so I won't surrend it, but I feel like it's going to take a looooot of time

0 0
Score : 125

This should not be the case. if your opponent can't run the match at a reasonable speed, a loss should be given. I have been in such a game too and this is ridiculous.

1 0
Score : 252

like this guy well ... time pass around  20-30 minute . this' s not funny :wacko:

0 0
Respond to this thread