By continuing to browse this website or by clicking on the X, you consent to the use of cookies that enable us to collect site-visit statistics and offer you videos, share buttons, personalized ads, and a chat feature. Learn more and set cookie preferences X

FR EN ES
FR EN ES
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Good Decks or just lame decks

By ---SAMMAEL--- August 24, 2017, 10:21:13

Did anyone tried Jelly deck or arachnee/tree deck ooor chafer/bow meow deck? do they work?
i wanted to include full vigilante too but prolly everyone will comment on that one lol

1 0
First Ankama intervention

I've been playing bow meow since their release. They're quite good! They can buff each other, they have a range of possible tactics, and the Serval Bow Meow is a godsend if he can stay more than one turn on the field. It's really enjoyable, works with Ecaflip or many other gods, and are surprisingly cheap (since you don't need Krosmic or Infinite to make the deck go round). 

I've used this decklist (with King Chafer recently replaced with Goultard the Barbarian). It's not perfect, but it's fun to play! 

I've also been trying jellies this week-end, and it strikes me as a slower, slightly more combo-oriented tribal deck in the same vein as bow meows. They are a bit more expensive than bow meows in regard to stats, as most of the family costs 3+ AP. They also have the family-wide trouble of having only 2 MP. 

However, the King and Emperor add recursion and allow to keep going longer than expected. Your opponent may feel safe against your slow jellies, but play Mint + Lemon jelly on the same turn and suddenly, you have reached their Dofus in no time. I feel like they can work rather well with a buff-heavy god, such as Iop, Sadida or Eniripsa (Enutrof, maybe?), to help them survive longer and smother the opponent under their ranks. 

I have no experience with Chafer or Treeknid decks, sorry! 

See message in context
Reactions 8
Score : 2944

I haven't tried the jelly deck myself.
It looked fun when I was first starting out, but when you consider just how bad each one of the jellies is by itself, (I'm not sold on emperor jellix as a good card, but he is fun.) it's tough to think of it as having much potential.
They all have overcosted bodies and bad move unless you buff them. None of them have default attack and health stats above that of a 4 AP normal minion, and every single one of them has 2 move, which makes it hard to rely on them for either early game aggression or late game control. Additionally, the one that buffs the others' attack and health is a death trigger, making it mostly in the hands of your opponent when it happens.

A few of the arachnees are amazing by themselves, but their overall synergy with each other is weak, and the treechnids are mostly just mediocre minions.  Additionally,  both tend to have sub-par bodies for their costs, which can give you some trouble competing with your opponent for card advantage if you're running too many of them.

Bow meows are actually quite strong in aggressive decks now that necros and paladirs gave them some serious support.

I think chafers might actually have a little potential. I've only ever seen one person using them, and I was stunned at how effective it was against my iop deck, thanks to the sheer board presence it could maintain by stopping my minions in their tracks and dropping decrepit chafers everywhere. It might just have been a bad matchup for me, but I think they're worth a thought, at the very least. Unlikely to be a really high quality result though.

Vigilantes are better than they look, I think, but since you can only run one of each, the deck still needs a lot of other things to fill it out. Typically it ends up as a vigilantes+something else deck. 

2 0
Score : 20

Vigilante pack can be good, not sure if throwing all vigilantes in a deck can justify some of the synergies.

I tried bow meow Ecaflip shortly after the expansion came out, and I think it's actually quite good, got some pretty easy victories by swarming my opponnent with some giant bow meows, you can reach their dofus quite easily, with the 3/2 which charges and the 2/4, which naturally has 4PM and the 3/2 which buffs everything can give you some insane value and just outright win the game if they don't kill it fast enough.

never tried any of those other synergy decks though, only tofu and gobball.

Chafer deck could work with some sort of aura synergy, so your summoned decrepit chafers are also strong.

But I'm not sure if the Jelly or Arachnee decks have enough synergy to work right now

0 0
Score : 78

Most of them suck going all-in on that type. Bow meow is viable but not top tier. Having a few vigilantes is really good. Lard Devil + Beelzebub is an amazing combo for example, but adding too many others just throws off the synergies. Jellies  overall kinda suck. Never seen a full tree or chafer deck. Arachnees are very good if you run them in a mill/rush type deck where you spam stuff like Decepticod/Blue Larva, then use arachnees to bounce back cards into their already full hand effectively killing them. However only a few arachnees  do this, and outside of embroiderer/major/albi/black widow, they are pretty useless.

0 0
Score : 189

Emperor Jellix has literally carried me through ranked as a Sac player. I was really fortunate and opened two Emperors and I crafted a King.

Some Vigilantes are great on their own. Chafers are super fun in Iop. The only other tribal I've had fun experience with is Tofu, not The Brotherhood.

0 -1

I've been playing bow meow since their release. They're quite good! They can buff each other, they have a range of possible tactics, and the Serval Bow Meow is a godsend if he can stay more than one turn on the field. It's really enjoyable, works with Ecaflip or many other gods, and are surprisingly cheap (since you don't need Krosmic or Infinite to make the deck go round). 

I've used this decklist (with King Chafer recently replaced with Goultard the Barbarian). It's not perfect, but it's fun to play! 

I've also been trying jellies this week-end, and it strikes me as a slower, slightly more combo-oriented tribal deck in the same vein as bow meows. They are a bit more expensive than bow meows in regard to stats, as most of the family costs 3+ AP. They also have the family-wide trouble of having only 2 MP. 

However, the King and Emperor add recursion and allow to keep going longer than expected. Your opponent may feel safe against your slow jellies, but play Mint + Lemon jelly on the same turn and suddenly, you have reached their Dofus in no time. I feel like they can work rather well with a buff-heavy god, such as Iop, Sadida or Eniripsa (Enutrof, maybe?), to help them survive longer and smother the opponent under their ranks. 

I have no experience with Chafer or Treeknid decks, sorry! 

Score : 132

Bow meow is really good since the new expansion. I was able to get veteran this season with my bow meow styled Ecaflip and it's so fun. I only use 5 actual Ecaflip cards so I can definitely see other decks using the bow meow synergy really well also. 

0 0
Score : 194
Jelly Deck:
I've got a bit of experience here. My gal pal has a Jelly deck, and her general consensus is that it's a bit slow at first.. and you have to really avoid throwing single Jellies out. You mostly want to wait for that opportunity to swarm really hard (Enutrof/Xelor) and have them all be very hard to deal with, or buff them with armor spells making them annoying to deal with (Iop/Sacrier/Eniripsa). The speed can be very fast, though, if you get a solid hand.

Arachnee/Tree Deck:
As it stands now.. stacking a ton of Arachnee's don't tend to work super well. Arachnee's are great utility to other monsters, especially ones with great appearance effect, to recycle them. Treechnid's just don't have enough synergy to make it work just yet, but I'm sure in the next expansion this could be touched upon.

Chafer/Bow Meow Deck:
My main God is Ecaflip, and my main deck is heavy Bow Meow with some Ecaflip, so I had a ton of cards here to work with. My Cha'chafer is a mixture of Mumbow's, Chafer Bow Meow's, and a Golden Bow Meow. I also have Shesearch and Bow Meow Posts for bonus Black Bow Meows. The deck plays actually quite well. Chafers have massive board presence if you swarm them, because enemies have to kill you twice, and they have to stop in their tracks because of the Decrepit Chafer. Chafers are slow, but their double life mechanic makes them pseudo-fast and card efficient. Their low MP is countered by the high MP of bow meows. Chafer King works wonders too for the Bow Meows. Generally it's overall a bit slow at first.. but as the match goes on, the enemy starts having to use 2-3 cards to stop your Chafers.. which gives you a massive hand advantage. I would definitely say that a Chafer/Bow Meow deck isn't the best potential of either Bow Meows or Chafers, but a very fun hybrid for sure.

Vigilante:
With the new limit to Krosmics, you'll always have to leave some Vigilante's out, unfortunately. Fortunately, like a Brotherhood of Tofu deck.. you don't just make a "pure" version of those decks. Generally you hybrid it with some other theme, or mix it with solid, cost-efficient cards. That's determined by how much of them you have, and which Gods you want to mix them with. Overall, if you get lots of them out, they work quite well.
0 0
Score : 3

Literally just beat a sac/jelly deck 
by beat I mean bearly it was intense to try and cope with almost 6-10 jellies at a time but I scraped through 
With my Xelor deck focused on wrecking up too 3 dofus in one turn if I get my AP high enough and the right hand of cards. 
Luckily my deack is pretty versatile and it ended up being my ***Goultard, a Grinch and a teleportation spell that saved my ass. Viva La Goultard!

0 0
Respond to this thread