FR EN ES
FR EN ES
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Micro-blog, March 5th

By [Dewit] - COMMUNITY MANAGER - March 05, 2018, 16:27:09
AnkaTracker Blog

While Roubaix was slowly sinking in snow and preposterously polar weather, the Krosmaga team was working to keep themselves warm. As a result, here’s this week’s micro-blog! 

So many words, so little time

This week, the team worked mostly on the new tutorial, which is looking pretty good now. The amount of work required was bigger than we expected, since we were rather ambitious, but we’re keeping a good pace. We’ll soon have it in complete enough state, and we’ll then show it to you in more details!

On a completely different topic, we have reached an agreement on Dolly Sacrifice, which we were talking about last week. The changes will be available soon in-game.

However, we still had to write the card’s text before that. Yes, Dolly Sacrifice is a rather complex effect, which we must convey in the clearest way possible so that every one of you can understand it when reading the card in game. And text space is very limited… Many rewrites were necessary. Many, many, many rewrites.

In fact, here’s a sample of several different versions we tried (and there were many more)…

Sacrifice your Dolls. The first enemy minion or enemy Dofus on the row receives damage equal to twice the number of sacrificed dolls on this row.

Sacrifice your Dolls to inflict damage equal to twice the number of allied Dolls on each row, to the first minion or Dofus of this row.

Sacrifice your Dolls to inflict to the first minion or Dofus of each row damage equal to twice the number of Dolls on that row.

On each row, sacrifice your Dolls to inflict to the first minion or Dofus damage equal to twice the sum of sacrificed dolls.

Sacrifice your Dolls. Inflicts to the first enemy minion or Dofus damage equal to twice the number of Dolls on its row.

On each row, inflicts to the first enemy minion or Dofus damage equal to twice the number of Dolls on that row, then destroy them.

On each row, inflicts to the first enemy minion or Dofus damage equal to twice the number of Dolls on that row. Sacrifice your Dolls.

… You can guess how hotly debated this issue was! You’ll soon find the final version in-game, and we’ll be seeing you next week for another micro-blog!
First Ankama intervention

Just so you know, I had to translate the different versions of the card you've seen in this blog: they may not be 100% accurate to the French version. But the team has reached a consensus and our translation team will probably make a better job than I did for the final version! smile

See message in context
Reactions 14
Score : 4617

Eh. I'm ok with it. At least people can defend against it now.

What about:
[Dolly Sacrifice]
Sacrifice your dolls. Each doll inflicts 2 damage to the minion or dofus in front of it.

You don't really have to clarify that the card deals damage equal to twice the the number of dolls in that row, on each row, since it's functionally the same as each doll dealing 2 damage to the thing in front of it.
Did you guys make it a point to keep the damage equal to twice the number of dolls text in the card effect? Because I feel like keeping the deal 2 dmg text would just be easier to interpret. 

Oh, and also: does sacrificing sacrificial dolls count as killing them? Haven't tried it out yet. Because that'd mean each doll would also trigger their death ability... That's a nutty amount of board clear.

0 0
Score : 3194

I see where youre coming from.
But I think they want to make it clear, that it's the card Dolly Sacrifice that is dealing the damage, and not the dolls. 
From a gameplay standpoint, this makes sense, seeing as how there are cards that lower the damage dealt by spells.
Also, if a minion has resistanse, and you sac 3 dolls, it makes it sound like the minion would take 3 x 1 damage rather than 1 x 5 damage.

1 0
Score : 1740

Its still going to be a single damage dealt? 

2 dolls in a row

one minion with 1 hp on opponent's side

one dofus behind him

use dolly sacrifice

enemy minion takes 4 damage and dies

dofus remains undamaged

1 0

Yeah, trample is not really a thing in Krosmaga, so I doubt the excess damage will go to the dofus. even a 1HP minion, will be able to tank all the potential damage.

1 0

This sounds like a pretty good rework of Dolly Sacrifice smile
At least for now.

But Im really happy to hear you guys are making a new tutorial happy I hope it will help give new players a good first impression. ^^ Good on ya Krosmaga team for trying to get in new players biggrin

Here is my suggestion for how to properly word the card:
Dolly Sacrifice
Sacrifice your dolls. The first enemy target on each row, takes damage equal to twice the number of dolls sacrificed on that row.

0 0
Score : 2099

Good stuff~

0 0

Just so you know, I had to translate the different versions of the card you've seen in this blog: they may not be 100% accurate to the French version. But the team has reached a consensus and our translation team will probably make a better job than I did for the final version! smile

Score : 48

Do you want yo know the best solution? just put a limit of 2 seeds per turn

0 -4
Score : 2099

But what about Sylvan Prowler, that guy puts out 3 seeds in a SINGLE TURN! Gamebreaking!

0 0
Score : 77

dafunnymonkey|2018-03-05 21:30:59
I see where youre coming from.
But I think they want to make it clear, that it's the card Dolly Sacrifice that is dealing the damage, and not the dolls. 
From a gameplay standpoint, this makes sense, seeing as how there are cards that lower the damage dealt by spells.
Also, if a minion has resistanse, and you sac 3 dolls, it makes it sound like the minion would take 3 x 1 damage rather than 1 x 5 damage.

hmph. the devs sure had no problem making 'trample' a thing for bodyguards :v

kek
0 0

I think you responded to the wrong comment, but yeah I did think about this as being the exception. I just couldnt be bothered to mention it, since it seems to be the exception that confirms the rule laugh

0 0
Score : 19

"Within each row, inflicts 2 damage per allied doll to the first enemy minion or dofus. Sacrifice your dolls." I think this reads clearly. Also, I would like to know who is responsible for calling lanes "rows" and rows "lines."

0 0
Score : 4617

2 damage per allied doll would mean only 1 damage against minions with resistance. You have to add the number of dolls before calculating damage.

0 0
Respond to this thread