FR EN ES
FR EN ES
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

The Mechanics of the New Expansion

By [Dewit] - COMMUNITY MANAGER - November 27, 2017, 17:00:00
AnkaTracker

The goddess Feca has arrived, and she's brought over 70 new cards to add to your collection. And with them come new mechanics. In this article, we're going to explain exactly how they work!

New cards means new rules! No fewer than 3 new mechanics will be making their debut with the release of this expansion. The goddess Feca gets the biggest share of the spoils, with two mechanics just for her, creating a unique and original gameplay style; but the Brotherhood of the Forgotten also has a fearsome weapon up its sleeve... Keep reading to find out more!

Rallying: Onward Ho!

The Rallying ability is one of the goddess Feca's exclusive powers. So much so that all Feca Minions will have it! How's that for teamwork!

The Rallying power works as follows: "If an allied Minion with Rallying is on an adjacent row, the Minion played will advance to the cell alongside it."

In other words, a Minion with Rallying is going to be able to join another Minion with this same power if it is further forward on the battlefield. This power only works on adjacent rows. So, by positioning Minion A on a row to the left or right of Minion B, if both of them have the Rallying power, Minion A will move forward until it's alongside Minion B.

Bear in mind, though, that Rallying isn't a Charge! If an obstacle blocks the Minion's path, it will stop moving in its tracks, but won't attack.

Some Feca Minions also have their own effects that come into play when they rally to a Minion, or when another Minion rallies to them. The possibilities are huge! Here's a typical Feca card with Rallying:

(Translation: Rallying, Armor-Piercing.

Glyphs: Mind Your Step!

The other mechanic exclusive to the goddess Feca involves Glyphs. These usually take the form of spells that place a Glyph on a targeted cell on the battlefield while producing another additional effect.

A Glyph on the ground behaves a little like a Seed or a Pile of Bones… but there are some differences. If an enemy Minion walks over a Glyph, it is destroyed; if, on the other hand, an allied Minion walks over it, the Glyph remains intact and does not generate any additional effects.

But if an allied Feca walks over a Glyph, a secondary effect will be activated! The Minion gains an Armor bonus based on how your Glyphs are positioned. It will gain +1 Armor for each row containing one of your Glyphs, up to a maximum of +5. So, if you've positioned a Glyph on rows 2, 3 and 5, your Minion will gain +3 AR. If you put all 3 Glyphs on row 1, however, your Minion will only gain +1 AR.

Glyph positioning is therefore crucial in getting the most out of them! Not to mention that some Feca spells also make good use of the position or number of Glyphs you have in play… Here's just one of many examples using Glyphs:

(Translation: Glyph. When it is played, this spell deals 3 damage to the minions surrounding the glyph.)

The Brotherhood: Everyone and Their Brother!

The secret's out! The main antagonists from Wakfu Season 3 are making their appearance in Krosmaga… In order to strengthen their group identity, all members of the Brotherhood of the Forgotten have a shared power, aptly named Brotherhood.

This power is diabolically simple: when a Minion with Brotherhood comes into play, you can target an enemy Minion. If you do, all copies of this Minion in your enemy's deck will be discarded!

Oh, yes! This is dangerous power that will be able to deprive your opponent of any cards they have in duplicate or triplicate if they're not careful. But as powerful as they are, the members of the Brotherhood are not omnipotent: Brotherhood has no effect on cards currently in the hand, and the affected cards will go into the discard pile, from which they can be retrieved using other cards.

This isn't the only thing these Infinite cards are good for, of course… Take, for example, Bump, which combines both Feca tactics and the Brotherhood power!

(Translation: Brotherhood, Rallying. Appearance: gives +2 AR to other minions on his line.) 

Now you know all about the mechanics in this expansion! But you still have plenty of cards left to discover… So, keep in touch on our social networks (Twitter and Facebook) where we'll be unveiling them over the course of the next few days!

First Ankama intervention

Replying to Shatae

When we said "be careful", we meant that if you play your cards willy-nilly without any analysis, you're at the risk of losing some cards.

Let's take Glai for example: if you play them super-early in the game to get that sweet +MP bonus, your opponent can use a Brotherhood effect to get rid of the other still in your deck. If Glai is the cornerstone of your strategy, then you should be careful about this possibility.  
You could wait until you've drawn a second one, as Brotherhood doesn't affect your hand. You could add some recursion to your deck, as the players above have pointed out, there are a few in Neutral. Or you can build your deck around that limitation and explore new ways. 

Brotherhood, like the Necronomigore, is strategy one must learn to play around. It will take probably a few games to figure out how and when to play your creatures if you suspect your opponent is playing one of these Infinites. 

See message in context
Reactions 46
Score : 1420

So that's why you limited the number of krosmics in a deck, they are immune to brotherhood!
PS: Now that I think about it, this is a serious nerf to combo decks. Unless you hold necros in your hand until you have 3 of them so the enemy can't discard them, with just 2 brotherhoods the oponent can literally prevent you from playing a necronomigore deck, because each class only gets 2 necros (and you need a minimum of 3).

0 0
Score : 1825

I smell a nerf to the  brotherhood mechanic. its simply too powerful for  sram mill decks. 

3 0
Score : 329

This looks like a lot of fun!  And only two weeks away!  Will there be a preorder bonus?  biggrin

0 0

Yes, a preorder option will be available shortly. We'll keep you updated. wink

Score : 1748

I already don't like this brotherhood thingy.

But Bump is hot so who cares

I'm looking forward for more details.
0 0
Score : 4679

Angry rant:

"Oh, yes! This is dangerous power that will be able to deprive your opponent of any cards they have in duplicate or triplicate if they're not careful. But as powerful as they are, the members of the Brotherhood are not omnipotent: Brotherhood has no effect on cards currently in the hand, and the affected cards will go into the discard pile, from which they can be retrieved using other cards."

if they're not careful.

Pray tell, how the goddamn hell are we supposed be careful if there is literally no way to consciously defend against this mechanic?

the affected cards will go into the discard pile, from which they can be retrieved using other cards.

Assuming there are at least 5 cards that will be released with the Brotherhood effect, that's potentially 10 milled cards. 1/4 of your deck, hand not included. This is also assuming this appearance effect is not abused by albinarachnee.

9 out of 10 classes currently have no way of even interacting with minions in the discard pile.

Yes, I'm assuming Feca won't have the ability to recover minions in the discard pile because god dammit why would they.

Discarded minions have always been irrecoverable without reliable neutral minion support.
Which there isn't. Neutral minion support cards are also susceptible to this... this disdecking effect.

No way to defend against it.
Necro will no longer be playable.
The meta will rely solely on infinites and krosmics, which will heavily discourage new players from wanting to play this game. 

I'm sorry. This is a terrible game mechanic.

/Rant.

I was so excited for the Feca release...

4 0
Score : 1420

Actually the whole drheller family is about recycling cards, there's young dreler that recycles 1, rascal that recycles from your oponent and Royal drheller that can recycle multiple cards.
I agree with the necro counter, there simply isn't enough different necros you can put in a deck

0 0
Score : 162

So if i have a Feca before a dofus, and play Bump in a starting Cell of a row next to the row of the Feca, he's gonna destroy some cards; buff other minions on the starting line; and walk up to the Dofus (given the row is empty). Right?

'Deal Damage to the Minions surrounding the glyph' Is that a Cross-shape, or a 3x3? Can you target a minion with it and does it damage then? does it trigger the 'walk on it'?

All in all feca seems heavily reliant on its own minions. :c
And the Brotherhood power is going to occasionally (because only a few infinite have it) really anger players, because they can't draw 0 AP 4-3s in Xelor, or they don't have their Necros anymore..
and it's not like you're paying that much for the effect :c

1 0
Score : 3228

yeah there seems to be a theme with the dev team wanting all the Gods to depend on thier own followers a lot, by having them have combo's that only interact with others of their same kind.

0 0
Score : 171

So am I reading it right, that if I have a guy at the enemy Dofus and summon 4 guy. I can have each guy move right to the Dofus just with no attack that turn if the 4 other lanes are empty. Of so, not sure how I feel.

0 0

That's right. Feca Minions have a tendency to be slow, but if you reach the Dofus, the world is your oyster. 
I'd just like to add: if there's several minions a Feca could Rally (like there's one on his left and one on his right), he will rally to the one closest to your Dofus. 

Score : 163

I'm hesitant on the Brotherhood mechanic, mostly because it's a buff to an otherwise already good set of cards.

I like seeing a wide variety of infinities and krosmics being played in decks, and worry that there will be a lot of all-Brotherhood decks for the foreseeable future.

I think the mechanic when used well will speed up games, but will disincentivize a lot of fun synergy decks. Hope it turns out for the best though, and I'm sure I'll be experimenting with them a bit when the expansion drops.

1 0
Score : 92

I was expecting to see Feca play with shields and armor a lot to be honest. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Regarding the brotherhood effect everyone is worried about I wonder how many of these infinites will be around (these guys were about 10 or so in the show). Since having the combo play out once may be strategically efficient but happens if a player gets to use brotherhood three or four times? its 6-8 cards banished from a deck just like that... in some decks that can hurt a lot and there is no counter to stopping the opponent from generally kicking cards out of your deck.

0 0
Score : 608

.... Boy that sounds overpowered....

Shouldn't fecas be about PROTECTING?? And not about stampeding down the enemy??
I expected a lot of Wall cards and extra armor granting etc....

And the glyphs ..... wait...,
"If an enemy Minion walks over a Glyph, it is destroyed;"
is the enemy or the glyph destroyed???

0 0

There are many defensive options for Feca, revolving around Armor especially. But always defending does not allow one to win, so they also have a slow and methodical way of getting to victory...

And it's the Glyph that is destroyed, not the minion! That would be scary otherwise. 

Score : 300

So a little question about rallying. Assuming I have a Feca 3 cells away from the enemy dofus on the left curse prism row and another Feca 2 cells away from the enemy dofus on the right curse prism row and I play my third Feca on the draw a card prism row, which cell will my third Feca rally to?

0 0

It will rally to the one who's the closest to your Dofus (the "first" in its path). In your example, that would be the one on the left curse row. 

Score : 3228

Not a fan of Oropo's Frat Party mechanics, but Im really looking forward to seeing the new Feca cards, especially in game! ^^ She looks to be an interresting god, especially those glyphs intriege me.
A little sad that the glyphs only activate when Feca's run over it though. But I can see how it would be hard to balance otherwise.

1 0

Never mind.

0 0
Score : 299

I'm really looking forward to the next patch. The current meta may change a little bit which makes me happy biggrin Btw are we supposed to expect some balancing changes as well?

0 0

A few balancing changes will find their way on the expansion. But we won't have a full class re-balance like we did in the previous two patches (Feca was already a huge effort of game design!). 

Score : 165

will ush, hareburg and dark vald get this new brotherhood mechanic as well? or os it just for new cards?

0 0

Actually, Harebourg and Dark Vlad will have the Brotherhood effect! cool

...But not Ush. See, his abilities ask that he targets a Dofus, and therefore, we couldn't add a second targetting on a creature for the Brotherhood effect. Because of that, he won't have Brotherhood (for now?). 

Score : 234

I might survive getting hit with 1 brotherhood. But 2 or 3? S*** why even bother making anything with more than 1 copy of anything in the deck, having 2 becomes a instant liability. There is no anticipating it just like there is no anticipating a Direct Damage spell. If you had to set up for it, like play one Brotherhood, Then a second one, to discard 1 card from the deck, somebody could at least manage it.

1 0
Score : 1825

i wouldnt mind a discard 2  with a BotT effecty, that triggers only if there is another member of the brotherhood in play.  Like, they will pull that off... once per game, unless they dedicate all their deck to be a Forgotten deck. 

Also, ush wont have the appeareance effect!

1 0

The one Brotherhood member on the field first would make me fill like I did not waste time and dust on my current deck.

And it is just the infinite Brotherhood cards not the unlocked ones that will have the effect right?

1 0
1 0
Score : 234

javi243|2017-11-30 07:51:05
i wouldnt mind a discard 2  with a BotT effecty, that triggers only if there is another member of the brotherhood in play.  Like, they will pull that off... once per game, unless they dedicate all their deck to be a Forgotten deck. 

Also, ush wont have the appeareance effect!

A combo for it seems like the natural solution, i mean the ability is called "Brotherhood" and not "Temporal Elimination" or "Genocidic punch".
2 0

"Genocidic punch"

0 0

If you haven't seen them yet, a photo album with all cards from the expansion has just been updated and is available right here. All the cards from the set are present there now! 

So I can put at least 9+ Brotherhood cards in my deck. Yeah my Bow's are done.

1 0
Respond to this thread