FR EN ES
FR EN ES
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Family synergies

By Qriev April 20, 2018, 04:29:39
AnkaTracker

Why is it that some families like Bow Meow are really strong (like "feel free to nerf it its really frustrating to play against smile" strong) where you can build an entire deck ONLY focusing on Bow Meows. Also why does this family, while its so strong have such a good compability with Ecaflip? I know lore-wise it makes sense, but from a gameplay perspective, having a family that is already strong enough on it's own, synergise so well with a good makes little sense.

Tofu is like the only other family that you can build a deck around (you can insert families like Gobballs into your deck, but if the deck is focused around it, you're doomed).

While other families, like Blibli, Moogr, and Rat and Gobball are just meh families, most of them have just novelty synergies.

What makes the Bow Meow deck so absurdly strong is how reliably you can pump out huge number of minions and how easy it is to buff, reduce AP cost etc. Of course no one listens to, or appreciates suggestions but I'll do it anyways:
Serval Bow Meow: buffs minions on  adjacent cells.
Mumbo Meow Jnble: Draws next Bow Meow, increases AP cost of that card by 1.
Milk Bow Meow: Remove -1AP cost on other Bow Meows, gains +1 armor as long as it's next to a Bow Meow.
Chafer Bow Meow (should only synergize with one family...):Gains 1AT and 1AR when a Bow Meow dies.

Imagine if you had like added the Dominant Blibli, 1AT, 1MP to other bliblis, and then add like Boarnigen the Damasker who would charge (since MP seems to be bliblis jam) for each blibli in play. Add Ghostof (this could also be an entirely other family) bliblis to synergise too.

Also when it comes to Gobballs, I think their synergy is kinda bad (more balanced than Bow Meow tho), it just lacks the low enough AP cost to put out enough Gobballs and use the cards that synergise. Gobballs that buffs others costs a lot, but most gobballs that can survive 1 attack also costs a lot so you dont really have time to do anything. Also more gobballs from the Wild Gobball family would be cool.

Like, Cracklers could be really good too. I mean, they are so strong on their own that they dont really need synergies, but imagine if you had "Sleeping Whispered Cracklers" like those in Wakfu. They could be placed anywhere on your side, are asleep for 2 turns and then they activate (without any extra buffs on activation, they have their 1 resistance in sleep as well). That could get you time to put out Royal Crackler that gives other cracklers 1 AT 1 AR, so the enemy has a good chance of rushing down your Whispered Cracklers before they wake, etc.

I really wish to see the other families see more glory too. There are still so many minions from families from the other games that are not in Krosmaga, and I think if you make more synergy cards, it would make it a lot more fun. Basically you only see Ecaflip (sometimes Iops use them too) use Bow Meows, and sometimes Iops use Tofu decks, but apart from that building family decks is just utter trash. There is that other thread that says how none of the gods feels like they have any concept, and I think if Neutral cards started seeing more interesting synergies like this, and the gods are tweaked into actually having a clear vision going for them, the game would be a lot exciting.

1 -1
First Ankama intervention

Boowolves are another family you forgot in your example, which synergizes pretty well with other members of their kind. Ghouls, as well, some Chafers even. But none of them are as expanded as the Bow-Meows are. 

I think it's just a shift in development. Most families were made during initial development of the game, before any metagame could really form or optimized decks were crafted by the community. As a result, some of them are less synergistic than others, or useful in smaller numbers rather than the full set. (Although I do remember meeting a certain Xelor-Tofu deck so ruthless, I still wake up in a cold sweat at night...)

On the other hand, Bow-Meows were made during the Necros & Paladirs expansion, where our knowledge of the game was greater, and was purposefully crafted in order to make a "tribal" kind of deck. While they work perfectly with Ecaflip, thanks to him having a few spells that can create Black Bow-Meows, they can go with other gods as well (I've seen a couple of Iop bow-meows decks that were very efficient). 

We wish to come on some older families one day to give them a proper make-over one day, keeping them more up to date with the current state of the metagame. 

See message in context
Reactions 3

Boowolves are another family you forgot in your example, which synergizes pretty well with other members of their kind. Ghouls, as well, some Chafers even. But none of them are as expanded as the Bow-Meows are. 

I think it's just a shift in development. Most families were made during initial development of the game, before any metagame could really form or optimized decks were crafted by the community. As a result, some of them are less synergistic than others, or useful in smaller numbers rather than the full set. (Although I do remember meeting a certain Xelor-Tofu deck so ruthless, I still wake up in a cold sweat at night...)

On the other hand, Bow-Meows were made during the Necros & Paladirs expansion, where our knowledge of the game was greater, and was purposefully crafted in order to make a "tribal" kind of deck. While they work perfectly with Ecaflip, thanks to him having a few spells that can create Black Bow-Meows, they can go with other gods as well (I've seen a couple of Iop bow-meows decks that were very efficient). 

We wish to come on some older families one day to give them a proper make-over one day, keeping them more up to date with the current state of the metagame. 

Score : 2099

Lol, totally forgot about them since they're so good, and they're not "beasts" but yeah, you're right.

Also while on the topic, the Sharks is a good example of a family that also does well on it's own due to it's mechanic (like Cracklers). Wabbits is also a relatively good family, but decks built around them is not that strong either, kinda on the same level as Ghouls imo.

Anyways, hopefully somewhere down the line, we can see more family synergies like this, the thought of Googoos (or whatever the grown piwis are called), dinks, more mush'd would be a nice change of pace. Building varied decks is fun~

0 0
Score : 1605

Meows CAN be strong, but all you need is minimal damage to the Serval and it's nearly useless. As someone that mained Eca for a long time, I can tell you Meows are extremely limited. I've moved to using only Mums and Servals as a simple 1/1 buff before the latter is killed. The only mistake you can make against Meows is to allow the serval to live. 

1 -1
Respond to this thread