FR EN ES
FR EN ES
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Recycling and crafting events

By Ozardo December 24, 2017, 05:48:03
AnkaTracker

One of the most desirable events in Krosmaga is card balancing and full-cost recycling. And formally it's not even an event. So why not to make it a feature? Every week or other time period can be devoted to some family or other card set, during that period corresponding cards could be recycled for full cost (without changing card stats). So players could try new cards and recycle them if they don't like them during events. There are two reasons to do this:
-First of all, collection progress is slow while matches are long. Crafting is extremely expensive, it takes new players months to get cards they want. It puts Krosmaga in a big disadvantage when compared to other CCGs. This is one of the main reasons of negative Steam reviews and giving Krosmaga P2W status.
-Second, experiments are punishing. I'll tell you my story. Once I crafted a whole Vigilante family cause I thought they are cool. Only two of them were actually cool so I wasted a lot of dust. Then I crafted ghouls. Ghouls were better than Vigilante but they didn't suit me, just not my style. So another waste. Now I crafted Enu loot deck with all the corresponding Krosmics, didn't get good results yet. Information about how good each card is, how to play each class, what decks are top is just absent. So every time I craft something I play the lottery - new cards may serve me well or they may waste my resources. And this lottery is quite expensive. With recycling events we could get some dust anytime without being punished hard for wrong crafting priorities.

What do you think, guys? Would you like to see such events in the game? smile

1 -2
First Ankama intervention

It's unlikely that we implement a "full refund rotation week" as a feature. The full refund was added only as a mean of compensation for balancing cards; as players (rightfully) complained that with nerfs and radically altered cards, people who invested in these cards felt wronged. The system is still used for that purpose. 

Of course, that doesn't mean we're not looking for improvements and tweaks to the rewards and dusting systems. It's a topic that is thoroughly discussed on the team, and which we hope to act on sooner than later. 

See message in context
Reactions 14
Score : 1805

I think they should just increase the kamas per match to 7-8 and call it a day.  That way you could (almost) buy an expansion pack with kamas. AS bronze packs are worth less and les and normal cards get powercreeped, this seems a necessity. 

0 0
Score : 473

Just imagine:
A new player comes and asks himself: "What will I have in this game after a month of playing?"
The answer is: "Nothing." Literally. At best, he will get a few random Infinites, and even if he recycles them all he won't have dust even for one Infinite of his choice. After he gets all starting presents and achievements, the progress will slow down even more. Thanks to autumn refund events, I can craft anything I want. But new players have to suffer for months before they get something decent. Should I also mention that Infinites require EXP which is also extremely expensive but Infinites are useless without it?

0 0
Score : 4611

Every single card game on the face of the planet discourages card transmutation, whether it be mmo TCG dust conversion, or physically trading in a bunch of your cards for a better one at a local card shop. It's almost inherent to the genre of the game: you will always be losing more than what you gain. Don't ever dust your cards if you can help it. 
​​​
Ozardo|2017-12-24 09:49:54
A new player comes and asks himself: "What will I have in this game after a month of playing?"

Well, every day you are given 
  1. A mission,
  2. An ecaflip coin, and
  3. 10 12 increments of 5 coins per win.

So, 30 times a month you'd be getting
  1. 40 coins minimum per mission, and you are given a chance to reroll 1 mission every day,
  2. Spinning gets you 20/30 coins like 40% of the time, and
  3. Play your damn games.

That's 90 coins minimum every day. 30 days is 2700 coins in a month.

2900 coins comes to about 24 dollars, last time I checked.
0 0
Score : 1805

Its 12 increments of 5 i believe. 

1 0
So, 30 times a month you'd be getting
  1. 40 coins minimum per mission, and you are given a chance to reroll 1 mission every day,
  2. Spinning gets you 20/30 coins like 40% of the time, and
  3. Play your damn games.

That's 90 coins minimum every day. 30 days is 2700 coins in a month.

2900 coins comes to about 24 dollars, last time I checked.

When you're a new player, how much time does it take to get 12 wins without a good deck? It's not a mobile game with 3-minute matches, matches here can last for 30 minutes and more. And 12 wins mean playing 24 matches because you can't always win. Do you suggest that everyone should play for 5 hours every day to achieve something in this game?
1500 coins per month - that's a more real number. Is it a lot? You can raise one Infinite to a high level and that's it, 1500 coins are gone. A whole month is gone. Life is easy for veteran players and they forget how it is to be a new player nowadays.
0 0
Score : 4611
Ozardo|2017-12-24 22:18:58
Life is easy for veteran players and they forget how it is to be a new player nowadays.

Look, I spent a bit of my time every day grinding it out on this game for almost a year now. If life really was easy for veterans I wouldn't have a 52% win rate after playing close to two thousand games. If you want to have fun pub stomping alone, go find an 8 year old to beat at checkers or something.

Ozardo|2017-12-24 22:18:58
Do you suggest that everyone should play for 5 hours every day to achieve something in this game?​​​​

The hell are you trying to achieve? This is a game. You're supposed to have fun. Go have some fun. Jeez.

You can almost pull a bronze pack every day in this game if you really tried. That's more than what most games offer. If you want more, support the dev team and dole out some cash. I know I have. All I'm trying to say is, from personal experience, you should never dust cards. If you keep playing you'll get everything sooner or later.
1 0

It's unlikely that we implement a "full refund rotation week" as a feature. The full refund was added only as a mean of compensation for balancing cards; as players (rightfully) complained that with nerfs and radically altered cards, people who invested in these cards felt wronged. The system is still used for that purpose. 

Of course, that doesn't mean we're not looking for improvements and tweaks to the rewards and dusting systems. It's a topic that is thoroughly discussed on the team, and which we hope to act on sooner than later. 

Well, it gives me hope. Increasing recycling coefficients, lowering crafting costs, making trial periods (full refund for a few hours after crafting a card) - anything will be good.

1 0
Respond to this thread