FR EN ES
FR EN ES
Browse forums 
Ankama Trackers

Evangelyne 3 stars

By Anrupier June 23, 2017, 21:25:08

The cards that are part of the "Brotherhood of the Tofu" have the particularity that they have a normal power when they are alone but are very strong when there is another card of the brotherhood in the field. So Tristepin gains iniciative, Amalia deals 4 damage instead of 2, Enutrof can be summoned with cost reduced. 

But Evangelyne 3stars is powerfull when is played alone and it's not really necesary to have other members in the field. With a range 1-5, Evangelyne 3 stars can reach the enemy dofus in the next turn she came in play. It's not rare to see Evangelyne being played alone with the spell to make intargetable (don't know the name in english tongue). It's imposible to delete it with direct damage when intargetable or with a card with charge (you need charging 4 MP).

My idea is simple. Reduce the range of Evangelyne*** when played alone to 1-4. Increase the range in 3 when there is other member of the Brotherhood in play.
In that way, Evangelyne is not so OP when play alone but maintain his great power when there is other member in play.

3 0
Reactions 12
Score : 1691

sounds good to me - she's actually pretty weak on the show so I'm not sure why she's so strong in the game

0 0
Score : 1

Yeah, Evangelyne 3* is auto include....

0 0
Score : 1691

attractive bow meow, incision, and other things kind of eat her up these days

0 0
Score : 292

I'm actually pretty lucky to have my Eva stand the next turn she comes into play. Usually Sacrier's Foot just destroys her.

0 0
Score : 2971

She's up there at the top of the "you remove this minion this turn" list when she comes down, since she can hit dofus the next turn and is extremely difficult to trade with.
If your opponent has the removal, they use it on her when she shows up.

0 0
Score : 377

I know there are many ways to remove her. But i was talking of evangelyne 3 stars + intargetable. Just 5 AP for Eniripsas and you lose your dofus. Simply you can't defend against her. 

0 0
Score : 2971

If your opponent doesn't use removal on them, royal moogr and protoflex can still trade with her, even if they're coming from the first row and she's still on her first row, but that's a rough situation. Sacrier can also use bodyguard to help a minion reach her. Cra can potentially kill her with bigger ranged minions. Large minions with 4 move, like the larger tofus, can trade with her. If her range gets boosted to 7,  3 or less range or 4 move don't work anymore.

Iop, sacrier, eniripsa,  enutroph, and ecaflip are all still packing non-targeting removal that does 3 or more damage to her, though I wouldn't recommend ecaflip's since it's a dice-roll and costs 10 AP to play.

0 0
Score : 2194

Evangelyne *** should have her cost upped by 2 AP OR range reduced.

0 0
Score : 2417

i agree she needs a nerf

0 0
Score : 520

Oh hey, there is a thread about this card (who would've thought).
In my opinion Evangelyne*** is just straight up overporwered and unfun to play against and I always wanted to write this probably very long text of analyzing and arguing against her and maybe this is the time now.

Evangelyne*** has so many upsides and strengths so let's begin to list them:
She immediately threatens your Dofus the turn she gets played with no support at all.
There are only 3 other cards that do that (and that are not spells): Golden Bow Meow, Protoflex and Bill Tell.
The strengths of a card immediately threatening to deal damage to a Dofus is obvious. It forces your opponent to have an instant answer which is quite unique in Krosmaga where you usually have some turns to answer a minion and where proactive minions are usually weak and reactive minions are usually strong. While Protoflex or Golden Bow Meow can still be answered by a minion (although it is in a weak spot then), that's not even the case with Evangelyne. Since she has 5 range she would get 2 free attacks against it, basically making it not an option at all.
Now, if you don't have an immediate answer, she deals 3 damage to the Dofus making it vulnerable to 2 curses which is only 1 prism rotation. So even if she gets answered after having connected to the Dofus once, she already dealt the "magic number" of damage.
If she is not getting answered at all and took down the Dofus, she then can get Green Lava'd, Moskito'd or even Subversion'd. And although that's kinda a thing with ranged minions in general, since they stay on the board one turn longer, your usual Crâ only has 3 range and therefore a Moskito is not as dangerous and Subversion is not possible.
Oh, did I say ranged minions stay on the board 1 turn longer? Well, for Evangelyne*** it's even 2 turns.That means another chance of drawing the mentioned cheesy cards, another chance to play them if you didn't want to the first turn and another turn of her blocking the lane.
Oh, and 2 turns for you to force a prism reset, making her threaten the just spawned prism. At this point you might say "Aren't you exaggerating? Threatening prisms, come on!" But no, this is actually a thing that happens with her often enough to mentioned it.
This all shows how absolutely devastating it is if you don't have an immediate answer to her, that cannot be in the form of minion.

Now, just clear her then, right? 3 HP, that's not that much. And sure, if you have the answer, you wipe her pretty little face off the board and be very satisfied. But it's at least a 1 for 1 trade and although "whatever-spell" vs Infinte card sounds good, it's still spell vs minion, which is actually bad.
So you slam her down as soon as you draw her (and have the AP) and there is absolutely no downside with it. Worst case is maybe a Shovel Kiss or Sacrier's Foot losing you 1 AP tempo but you still got one of there damage removals, so whatever. On the other hand, the reward if your opponent has no answer is just extreme. In other words, she's a zero-risk-with-potentially-very-high-reward play.
Oh, and you can keep her in the mulligan. 4 AP, that's cheap enough to keep her without making your hand worse. Hell, it even is a very great play for turn 3-4 since your opponent hasn't drawn very much cards until then and the chance of them having an answer is even lower. And that you can keep her without regret is actually a quite big deal. There are some very potent cards like Light Speed or Devotion, but if you keep them you at least have to play with one card down for the first several turns. That's not the case with our Marry Suegelyne. She actually just has no downside at all.

In my opinion this card really has to get nerfed and I wonder how it dodged all of them so far. Is Ankama not seeing how badly designed this card is? "Answer it immediately with only spells or silence or get eff'd" is already quite bad design because how unfun it is on the recieving end if you happen to not have the right card at the right time. And isn't it fun that we're looking for in a game? But no, there even is no risk or potential downside in playing her or keeping her in mulligan. High reward is okayish if at least the risk is high enough. But that's not the case with this card, doubling up on the bad design.
Here I'm actually curious if the devs are looking at the card with at least some concerns but are just holding of a nerf for whatever reason or are they just totally fine with it?

Regarding what I think might be the reason why this card is allowed to exist as it is - its maybe not even above average winrate:
1. Since this card is the target of hate as soon as it gets played it gets removed every time it's possible. The chance of that is probably relative high, I'd imagine she gets cleared in over 50% of the cases. In which case she doesn't affect the winrate very much if at all. But even if she attacks the Dofus every 10th game she gets played, this zero risk/high reward thing should not exist at all.
2. Since she is this obvious lolol-craft-and-level-me-p2w-bullshit card I guess she finds her way quite often in beginners' decks, which tend to lose more often.
So maybe don't look at her winrate too much but rather focus on logically analyzing what this card does to the game.

And finally, the obvious nerf: make her base range 3. Did you realize that she has this wall of text below the seemingly innocent Range: 1-5? Yeah, it's the completely irrelevant mechanic that is supposed to give her synergy with other Brotherhood cards but is completely irrelevant since 5 range is all a ranged minion ever wants.
With 3 range she is just a very boring minion, probably worse then your average Crâ 4-drop. And that as an Infinte! But the built in mechanic of getting 5 range is actually just enough for her to still be a very strong card. Free Lynx eye, ready to attack the Dofus, just for playing another already good card like Yugo, Tristepin, Az... This way it is more risky to keep her in mulligan and it becomes an interesting decision whether to play her proactively with no other Brotherhood card in hand for a bluff or whether you wait until you're guarateed to buff her range. Also if already a Brotherhood member is out and you play her second, your opponent has the chance to clear the already played member, removing her surpressive bonus range. Or maybe you decide to play her as the standard reactive range minion, if you don't draw another member and the situation calls for it.
You could also higher her AP cost instead and keep the standalone good range, but this wouldn't create the interesting situations I mentioned above and also destroys her, what I'd call, "relationship" with Remington. In fact, reducing her range strengthens it. If you don't know: In the Wakfu TV show, Evangelyne and Remington are having this "marksman rivalry" and are basically on even levels. And in Krosmaga their *, ** and ***-version each have the same stats and only differ in "me getting stronger with my friends" vs "me doing smth with bombs" only that Evangelyne does not need her friends at all right now. So I'd like to keep up that little nod to their Wakfu-connection and don't mess up the stats.

2 0
Score : 2194

IMO she's like "dragonpig" of Cras, but the Devs seem to have forgotten how incredibly strong range longer than 1-3 is. Having 3 HP and then 5 range, 7 if you play other Brotherhood members, it's just not fun. She costs nothing so you can play her before the opponent has any cards to respond with.

0 0
Respond to this thread